Fund raising day
It's the fund-raising carnival today at church! Well..I woke up late, not exactly the best way to start the day..but it didn't really matter, cause everyone else was late too. =X anyway, we got our first car after service started for a while, cause the washing, drying and vacuuming crew had to go first. I was with waxing, and I think it's the best of the four, cause you get to polish the car real slick and when the steel shines you feel like a pro; instant motivation to do more!
However, tiredness and sore arms started to kick in after awhile, and I was really thankful to God for giving us strength and for the guys doing waxing with me. Alex, Liangzhi, David and the rest..These guys worked with enthusiasm and zeal although the tiredness was really showing, and by the love of God no one gave a straight face; we were really enjoying our work! The morning passed really quickly this way, and the morning's income was estimated to be about $10 000, out of $20 000! Praise God and all the church goers influenced by the spirit of giving.
I realised its important to keep reminding yourself if the task you're doing is in tune with God's plan. Sometimes we get so caught up with the work we're doing that we forget that. If it's not, we should halt and pray; and if it is, reminding yourself that you're pleasing God will keep you going when you're tired. =]
At 2pm, mission trip training started. It was an introductory and ice-breaking session, so not much going on. I'll be with a group lead by Evan, going into Utong Thani. I met some new people too, groupmates to share the journey with. Half the group's from Jireh though, and I'm the oldest along with Evan, so I'll probably be helping to babysit the younger ones (Hilary's not going anywhere! =P). It's gonna be real cool, just cant wait for the end of the month. Prayers will be strong these few weeks, and I believe everything will be laid out for us to impact Thailand just as Y.I has done in previous years. I don't expect it to be an easy or comfortable trip though, cause if it is then I'd might as well go Phuket for a holiday; but to suffer and endure for Him is honour that the world does not recognise. I'm gonna go put on my armour, and ready myself. The next few weeks will be spent repairing and strenthening it, right, shepherd? =]
We're going full gear, time to oil the drives.
1 Comments:
yups! really cool!
In the name of Jesus,
in the name of Jesus,
we have the victory
in the name of Jesus,
in the name of Jesus,
demons will have to flee.
Coz when we stand in the name of Jesus,
tell me who can stand before.
In the mighty name of Jesus,
we have the victory!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home