Back from the harvest


I'm back from Thailand!Touched down at Changi Airport at about 2250 last night. Its great to be home, though I'm starting to miss the Thais already. These 10 days have been life-changing for me, and I've grown and seen alot that is enough to make me want to change the world around me. We're called to be world changers, and now I finally know the meaning of getting up to do something for the Lord. I'll probably be talking about Thailand for the next couple of days, cause there's just so much to write! I kept a journal, so that I wont miss anything.
My team was assigned to Udon Thani, 564km northeast from Bangkok and populated by about 95 000 people. Its a pretty developed city, almost like Johor Bahru, only the weather is much nicer. =] It's relatively cool and dry throughout the whole day, and at night there's natural aircon as you walk along the streets. After arriving at Bangkok on the 28th, we stayed at Mäxx Hotel for 1 night before taking a domestic flight to Udon Thani the next day. We settled at Udon Hotel on the evening of the 29th.
We met our interpreters the next day, Auy (pronounced Uui) and Kita (guitar, but I'm not sure of the spelling..=p). They are so fun to be with! That's Auy in pink and Kita in blue with Mich in the pic. Auy's the local pastor's lil sister too, really cool. We met lots of other local friends too, Thais are so warm and I guess thats why we love them so much. =] That guy in red with me is Chow Chin! Wahahaa..real funny guy. I became really close to him this trip, and had lots of fun. There are still lots of pictures, 200+ to be sure. =X
There's still lots to write, I dont want to ruin the entries by rushing through.=] God has really blessed us this trip, with all His providence and love, and I'm really thankful for the experience. All praise and glory to the King!
1 Comments:
haah! cool! i wanna go back thailand too....
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home