31 December 2005

The year in Christ

It's the last day of 2005! This year sure passed quickly, with so many important events, the most important being Jesus coming into my life!

In February this year, I took my first step into COSBT, under circumstances that I'm still trying to recall and comprehend. But this decision changed my life, and as I look back now, I'm a completely changed person. In just 10 months I've recieved more wisdom and revelations than I've ever accumulated for 17 years of life on this earth, and it's only because I was under the tutelage of the Lord, whose wisdom is infinite. There's someone else to thank for influencing me to go to church in the first place, but I dont think she'll like her name posted up here.

I wanna grow more in the Lord. He alone can guide me through my life and I trust Him. The most important thing I've learnt is that God is not who we imagine Him to be. He is God, He'll never change and we must walk with Him to get to know Him. This only came to me recently, finally teaching me the meaning of why Christianity is a relationship with God. Its like a relationship with people in that we must spend time together to know more about a person, not like a relationship with a stuffed toy where we imagine the personality of the toy. God has a personality that will not change, but we still have to spend time understanding Him. I wanna know Him and live in Him, anything less is almost asphyxiating.

Focused is how I wanna be in the coming year, focused on the Lord and the things He wants me to do. Focused on His word and His voice. The Lord's been so good to me this past year, He's been with me through all my greatest struggles; it's about time I gave some of it back and to the people around me. Hallelujah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home