02 March 2006

Promise

Finally! My computer is finally online after 2 months! I only fixed a few bugs though, so it might die on me again...but it's better than appearing dead to the world! =] To Evee, Irene, Michelle, Jesslyn, Zhi Wei and everyone who drops by often: Thx, and sorry for disappearing! This blog is NOT dead. =]

Lets see..the first piece of news is a bad one. I've failed my common tests again..got 3 O's and a C6. All my tutors, Mr Mark Tan and Mdm Christina Lim in particular, are eyeing my head so closely like they're gonna chop it off. Sigh. I'd better buck up..resolve is not easy to find though. Actually, I'm just too lazzzzzy. I know it well and it's scary when I find myself actually comfortable with it. Well, here's my first resolve: To get myself up and running like last year before the March break.

The sports meet is coming along well too. At least I'd like to think so. So many things can go wrong, but I'm sure my team can handle it. They're an awesome bunch, I actually feel overshadowed when I see what they're capable of.=] The tshirt's pretty awesome too! Thanks to Samantha. =]

I've been following the Purpose Driven Life for 2 weeks now, and I believe I've gotten to know God better. It's not exactly new stuff, but Rick Warren's way of putting things spoke new light into the Word of God, and I find that I can apply it closer to my life, and strive to lead a more Christ-like life. These 2 weeks have been very trying though...I actually lapsed into depression for a short while. Can't remember the last time I despaired, but I'm glad to be out of it now. I made a new promise to God too, and I've put it together with the one my ring already signifies. Can't keep wearing more rings now, can I? This time I know it's going to be tough to live up to this promise, but I know He is with me...all the way.

My Civics Groups seems to be having some social problems too, some sort of brewing discontent, which I've kept on my mind for some time now and fearing it might spill over soon. Having a whole class of girls is a risky way to live, but I guess it can't be helped. Chris, Edwin and I, the only ones representing the male species in 2A07, have learnt to keep quiet and just lend a listening ear if ever one is needed. I sort of feel like a sponge, soaking up all the happy and sad moments of my classmates, tears included. Well, I hope God's love comes through, cause the people in the center of the conflict/unhappiness/resentment know God..and perhaps that can be a stepping stone into finding a solution. I don't know...but I'm sure God does.

Well, life is full of ups and downs isn't it? I'm on the rebound now, and I intend to score for common test 2 so that the tutors will stop their head-hunting.

"The greatest love that anyone could ever know
Overcame the cross and grave to find my soul.
So till I see You face to face
And grace amazing take me home,
I'll trust in You."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home