18 April 2006

Untitled

It's Tuesday, and I am at home blogging now cause there's no paper for me today (it's MATHS..bleah=P). It's raining again, as it has been for the past few weeks. I should be studying now, for my geog paper tomorrow, but I guess I could take a while to reflect a little.=P

Last night, I caught something really interesting on National Geographic - The Gospel of Judas. I've been following the many newspaper reports on it, and it's got me thinking about alot of things. Strangely though, many of these thoughts are not about the other gospels or the 'truth' or anything like that. The most important of these thoughts is that Jesus went through so much just to make sure we're redeemed. No matter if the events that were recorded in the gospel of Judas, that Jesus engineered His arrest, were not true. All of it just reminded me of all the other things that He did just to ensure our salvation, and I am g-r-a-t-e-f-u-l.=]

Something else awesome happened last night too. I was watching the documentary with Dad! He's got a very strange idea of religion..I shan't elaborate but basically he believes that all the religions of the world are true and so are the gods behind them. But I think it's great that he thinks like that, cause it sure is better than him rejecting the gospel altogether. The fact that he believes in the existence of all gods means that he believes in the existence of Jesus too, and that's a start. One step at a time.=]
We discussed lots about the gospels, and other religious stuff, and I made headway by dispelling a predisposition he's always had towards Christians. He's always thought that we're hardliners who denounce other religions without thinking. Well, I cant really blame him, cause there are Christians who, in their zeal and desperation to save souls, put down the beliefs of others because we know there's only One. But it's never so simple. That's what I told him.

I dont believe in the existence of any other god but the Almighty, but others do! As a Christian, I love the lost, and cant wait to bring them to Christ. But smashing their beliefs aint gonna help me get across to them. Respecting a person includes respecting his or her right to believe, and only by influence can we change that. Now isn't change on the top of our agenda? God's ways are never easy, and reaching the lost is a path more difficult and lengthy than many can imagine. But I have confidence in the Lord, and if He commands me to speak, I shall and I will not meet with obstruction. But I dont think my life will be filled with many such episodes of spiritual outburst, its not normal and it'll definitely be a privelege if I get to do such a thing.=]

Anyway, that's alot of writing for one night of events...gotta hit the books now. =S I MUST take a break after this week, camp out all night with my darling (my guitar=P) or something.=]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home