26 May 2006

Long time no see

Its the start of the June break!! Its been a reallllly long time since my last entry..been really lazy to blog actually.=P Alot has happened since 2 weeks ago, but I don't think I can recount all of them. Here's what my limited memory can conjure up...

The first significant event these 2 weeks would be Shakespeare's nite, on the 19th. Ophelia, Lear, Hamlet, Goneril, Cleopatra, Romeo, Juliet, Sonnets, Fools and Madmen. All these would be the defining elements of my JC life, and I'll never forget them as long as I live.=] Mr Mark Tan is the most amazing driving force of passion and focus (just behind Ms.G of course=P) and his productions never fail to impress. SRArtsFac rocks!=] The evening started off with the usual speech by Mark Tan, then 2 yr1 drama students started singing the Fools' Feste Song from Twelf Night. Lol..they were so funny, but they can't sing for nuts though.=P Then there's the sonnet recitals and singing, and then the drag queens came! LOL! Karthik, Isa, Chris, Muubs, Anan and Gapi dressed up in real fancy gowns to play female characters! Crazy stuff! Hahahaa..Goneril never looked better, Cleo too.=P Then there's the Hamlet death scene, and I have got to be the first guy in college history to flip and throw a teacher on the ground, strangle him and get away with it! Wahahaha...I played Leartes, Ophelia's(who's dead) older brother and Mr T played Hamlet. Hehe..korkor didn't like his little sister's boyfriend.=P The evening ended on the characteristic high note of the English Class..man it really brings back the memories of production last year. Thank you God for such an amazing bunch of people in my life and putting Shakespeare on this planet a hundred years ago.=]

Then this week came. Well, we've been training really hard at taekwondo, cause it's the Inter-JC EXPOSE competition tomorrow! We've been training EVERYDAY since Monday, and we're all really quite spent. But I'm really proud to see that no matter what, the club has come a long way. At least, we're doing everything, be it slacking or pushing, together now. Thanks guys, for making a team. =] I really want to earn some medals, we didn't get any last year. The club means alot to me..and now that we've handed it over to the juniors I feel kinda sad. But well, the twin black belts are a great comfort. Rock on, Gang Rui and Gang Yi! All the best for the rest of your term as commitee heads.=]

Of course, there's the usual mugging and studying in between all these, but this is pretty much the week. I'll post in the results of the competition tomorrow...I do hope it'll be good news.=]

By His wisdom, by His grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home