24 June 2006

Re: Lost and Found

Prithee, show me Thy face
And by grace unabiding take Thy place
In this heart whose wounds Thou hadst healed with Love.
And thus thenceforth these wounds shalt hurt and wound no more.

-b.w
_____________________

Tonight has been the greatest night. Not just because of YouthAlive band, nor Pastor Reardon's sermon, they helped loads of course, but because I feel like a sheep who's back in his shepherd's pen. I've wandered far over the pastures, trying out new pieces of land for better tasting grass: turf, garden, wild, farmed. Always, Shepherd stood on the horizon, and though he says he knows where the best grass are, I just had to see for myself; and he let me. He let me roam the countryside by myself, but never ceased to have an eye on me. Both eyes. All the time. And when I wander too far, he calls me back. But the choice whether to go back is still mine. Now I wonder, if I had not heeded the call, would I have seen the cliff I was heading towards? I think not..I'd have only seen the grass I was chewing on.

I'm now back in the sheep pen, but my nose is blistered from sniffing the thornbush, my mouth bleeding from trying the thistles and my tongue is numb from chewing leaves from a certain bush I'd never seen. Shepherd's always got a remedy though. His medicine box's fantastic. I'm an older sheep now, and the younger ones of the flock are looking for examples to follow. Older and wiser is how I'd like to be, learning every minute. Old sheep can't be running around anymore chewing on unidentified plants. I'll never get to know them all, might as well stick to my favourite weed..I'd have more than I could ever finish anyway.


Back to life, I lost my pencilcase, the huge one, which my sis bought for me. Man, I must've left it at Ambrosia the other night while having drinks. Sigh..mighty sore to lose it. Chiefly cause it's from sis; and also because my beloved pencil-set was in it too! I've never been able to get used to new pencils quickly..guess I won't be sketching anything anytime soon. Gosh I loved those ten pieces of wood and graphite. Grumble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home