La Foi est la Reponse.
"Passion against Reason, Reason against Faith, Faith against the Devil, and my Conscience against all."
So it was that Sir Thomas Browne (1605-1682) wrote in his work Religio Medici (1643), very accurately describing the fundamental contradictions Man faces in this world. Just a little tidbit I picked up while reading literature in the library last week.
It's been rather uneventful these few days, probably the calm before the storm of exams that is coming. Prelims will start in 2 weeks, not counting the GP paper tomorrow, which I don't think is really a paper at all, considering that the generality in General Paper is being contorted to fit an examination format for the conveniences of standardization and grading. But it is a tough paper to score in, I must say, and must not to be dismissed easily. Been bitten by it more than once when I least expected it to. Anyway, for any A-level student who happens to be reading this, all the best in this last lap towards the start of the end of mandatory education:]
Oh, and I came across a really cool AMV on Youtube a couple of days ago, a must see for all Final Fantasy and Square-Enix fans, thought I'd share it here:] (Cat: if you do come across this you'd love it:P)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHLVxNx3hQY
Here's another tiny excerpt from the Religio Medici, taken from the end, which I think is the answer to the contradictions spoken at the beginning. I'd strongly recommend it to the more mature reader - the language is 400 years old and can be a little much for the impatient reader.
"...I dare call happiness on earth; wherein I set no rule or limit to Thy Hand or Providence. Dispose of me according to the wisdom of Thy pleasure: Thy will be done, though in my own undoing."
Put all thy Passion into Faith, craft thy Reason in Faith, conquer thy Devil with Faith and lose thy Conscience to Faith.
Faith is the answer.
_____________________________
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home