Are You DEAD?
_____________________________
"Are you DEAD?
Where have you been?!"
"Everywhere, and nowhere.
I am here, have always been."
"I didn't see you.
And I've looked."
"You looked everywhere you wanted to look.
The truth is you didn't want to find me."
"Nonsense. Come here.
I've searched high and low for you,
Do you have any idea the effort I spent..."
"No, you haven't."
"Yes, I have."
"No, you haven't."
"Yes, I have!"
"Say what you will. I know better.'
"I can't believe this. Wait..wait, where're you going?"
"No...where are YOU going?"
"Dammit. Hey! You still there?"
"I'm always here."
"Then why don't you talk to me?"
"Cause you weren't listening."
"What do you mean I wasn't listening? I've searched high and low for you!"
"Where were you searching?"
"Why, everywhere! All the time!"
"You've been searching for the 'me' that fits to your own terms, silly. I am what I am.
You can't find me unless you know what you're looking for.
And you sure weren't looking for me."
"I..."
"It's OK."
"But.."
"Really."
"I only..."
"Shh...Be still, and get to know who I really am."
"By the way, I wasn't dead.
You were the one without
Life."
_____________________________
Thus I return to writing, a habit that I've neglected. Inspiration wells up from everything around me, and it is a waste not to document their significance to me.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home